This Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year...the Academy Awards! I love all award shows, but the Oscars are definitely at the top of the list. The fashion, the speeches, the star power...I love it all! AND they are honoring my favorite movie of all time this year...The Wizard of Oz! I can't wait. Am I the only one who cries during acceptance speeches? Reese always laughs at me but I can't help it! They get me every time! I wish I could host my own viewing party this year, but I'm attending a birthday party for a friend. However, if you want to host your own party, here are a few things to add some Hollywood glamour to your home (without being cheesy!)1. Antiqued Movie Clap Plaque - Kirkland's has some really great movie-themed decor for a good price that's not Party City cheesy (you know what I'm talking about). I love this vintage movie clap - use it in your media room or den after your party!
2. Retro Paper Popcorn Boxes - You can't have the movies without popcorn! Set up a gourmet popcorn bar with different flavors of popcorn and fun toppings and serve in these adorable boxes!
3. Movie Ticket Accent Pillow - Throw a few of these cute pillows on your viewing couch - your guests will love them!
4. Silver Movie Reels Plaque - I love this piece! Hang it on your wall or use it as a decoration on your serving table. It's simple and understated, and you can totally hang it elsewhere in your house after the Oscars!
5. Rosa Sparkling Wine Glasses - These Gatsby-inspired champagne glasses will instantly add that Old Hollywood vibe to your party. I have them myself, and absolutely love them!
6. Kate Spade Scented Candles - You can use these in your house at anytime, but these gold and red candles with fun sayings like "Be Dazzling" and "Light Up The Room" add the perfect amount of glitz and glam to your red carpet soiree!
7. Red & White Paper Straws - A staple for any party! Display them in a champagne glass on your bar.
8. Gold Confetti Coasters - Add a touch of Oscar gold with these adorable coasters!
If you're looking for some fun movie-themed food and drink ideas, Epicurious created really awesome menus inspired by each of the Best Picture nominees. Personally, I'm loving the Wolf of Wall Street menu.
Can't wait for Sunday!